Effective Date: 10/25/2022
This Privacy Notice explains how HealingMaps (“HealingMaps”, “we”, “us”, “our”) collects your personal information as you use healingmaps.com (the “Website”), how we use this personal information, with whom we share your personal information, and your choices in connection with this. This Privacy Notice does not govern any third-party websites linked through our Website. For more information on how third-party linked websites collect, use, and share your information, please read the third-party website’s privacy notice.
The Website connects individuals seeking certain health care services to health care service providers who have contracted to offer their services through the Website (each, a “Health Services Provider”). If the Health Services Provider is required to comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, as amended and implementing regulations (“HIPAA”), we are also required to comply with HIPAA and our agreement with the Health Services Provider when we create, receive, maintain, or transmit health information on behalf of the Health Services Provider. Information about how your health information is protected and the rights you have under HIPAA, is described in your Health Services Provider’s HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices (“NPP”). The NPP describes the ways in which your Protected Health Information may be used or disclosed in compliance with HIPAA, including how the privacy of this information is protected. For information on how a Health Services Provider collects, uses, and discloses Protected Health Information, please refer to the NPP published on the Health Services Provider’s website.
- COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information, which is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you.
- Information We Collect From You
If you choose to engage in the services offered on our Website, we will collect personal information from you. We collect personal information from you when you:
- Looking for Treatment. Upon your request, we match you with a clinic in your area, and we collect from you your identifiers (name, email address, phone number, and zip code) and any other information you wish to provide. We use this personal information to determine, based on your location, the clinics in your geographical area.
- Add a Review. When you post a review about a clinic on our website, we collect from you your identifiers (name and email address) and any other information you wish to provide in the “comment” section. We use this personal information to post your review on our Website. When you write a review, you have the option to have your identifiers (name and email) saved for future comments.
- Support Chat. When you engage the Support chat function on our website, we collect from you your identifiers (email address) and any other information you wish to provide in the “message” section. We use this information to respond to your questions or concerns.
- Request a Free Consultation. When you request a free consultation with a specific clinic through our Website, we collect from you your identifiers (name, email address, zip code, telephone number) and any other information you wish to include in your request and share it with the applicable clinic. We use this information to facilitate your consultation request.
- Contact Us. When you contact us with a question or comment through our “Contact Us” icon, we collect, from you, your identifiers (email address) and any other information you choose to include in your correspondence. We use this personal information to respond to your questions or inquiries and address any topics you inquire about.
HealingMaps may also use the personal information we collect as described in this section to comply with the law, to efficiently maintain our business, and for other limited circumstances as described in HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. HealingMaps may also deidentify or aggregate the personal information for benchmarking purposes.
- Information Collected Automatically
In addition to the personal information you provide, when you use our Website, HealingMaps automatically collects the following information via cookies and similar technologies:
- Usage information. This includes information such as: your time of visit to the Website, pages visited, search terms, actions taken, how much time you spend on each page, transactions and payment method and amount, or customer objects throughout the Website and frequency of access. We use this personal information to: (i) conduct analytics; (ii) enhance user experience; (iii) prevent fraudulent use of the Website; and (iv) diagnose and repair errors.
- Device information. This includes information about the device you use to access our Website, such as browser type, browser language, hardware model, operating system, and your preferences. We use this personal information to: (i) conduct analytics; (ii) enhance user experience; (iii) prevent fraudulent use of the Website; (iv) diagnose and repair errors; (v) remember your preferences; and (vi) provide enhanced functionality.
- Location information. We use strictly necessary and functional cookies to collect information about your location, which may be determined through your IP address. We use this personal information to: (i) enhance user experience; (ii) prevent fraudulent use of the Website; (iii) diagnose and repair errors; (iv) remember your preferences; and (v) provide enhanced functionality.
Particular third-party cookies on our Website to note include:
- reCAPTCHA. We use reCAPTCHA on all forms on our Website to keep malicious software, like bots, from engaging in abusive activities on our Website. reCAPTCHA uses algorithms to stop bots and allow valid users to utilize our forms. Please note, reCAPTCHA is not a cookie nor does it collect your information. It is aimed at ensuring our forms and Services are properly used by individuals, not automated bots. You can learn more about reCAPTCHA here.
- Facebook. We use Facebook cookies to collect information on your use of the Website to show you more relevant ads, we receive and use data that advertisers and other partners provide to us about your activity on their websites and apps, as well as some of your offline interactions, such as purchases. In order to collect this information, Facebook may set cookies on your browser to read cookies that are already there. To prevent your data from being used by Facebook, you can manage your Ad Settings here.
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
HealingMaps may need to make the personal information identified in this Privacy Notice available within HealingMaps, with service providers, clinics, or with other third parties. These instances include:
Within HealingMaps. We may share your personal information with HealingMaps for legitimate business purposes, general business management, and to the extent permitted by law.
With Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our service providers that assist us in providing the Website. These service providers include our website and IT support and security, database provider, and email provider.
With Third Parties. We may need to disclose your personal information to third parties, such as legal advisors, law enforcement agencies, or governmental/regulatory bodies in order to protect our legal interests and other rights, protect against fraud or other illegal activities, prevent harm, for risk management purposes, and to comply with our legal obligations.
In the Event of a Corporate Reorganization. In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, we would share personal information with third parties, including the buyer or target (and their agents and advisors) for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction. We would also share personal information with third parties if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation, in the course of such proceedings.
With a Clinic. In the event you request a free consultation with a particular clinic, we will share the information you provided to us for the clinic to contact you to set up a free consultation.
With a Retreat Partner. In the event you visit a specific retreat landing page and contact us for more information, we will share the information you provided us with that retreat partner to contact you for more information about the specific retreat.
- YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION CHOICES
Cookies. All session cookies are temporary and expire after you close your web browser. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. To find out how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or device, and how to reject and delete the cookies, please visit: https://www.aboutcookies.org/. Please note that each web browser is different. For information on reviewing or deleting cookies from specific browsers, click on the appropriate browser: Firefox, Firefox IOS, Firefox Android, Safari, Safari Mobile, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Opera. To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s Website. If you reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent, some features of our Website may not function properly. If you choose to opt out, we will place an “opt-out cookie” on your computer. The “opt-out cookie” is browser specific and device specific and only lasts until cookies are cleared from your browser or device. The opt-out cookie will not work for essential cookies. If the cookie is removed or deleted, if you upgrade your browser or if you visit us from a different computer, you will need to return and update your preferences.
Opt Out of Online Advertising. Some of the companies that provide advertising services on our Services may participate in industry-developed programs designed to provide consumers with choices about whether to receive tailored ads that are based on your online activities. To learn more and to opt out of such targeted advertising from participating companies, please visit the websites of the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance. To successfully opt out, you must have cookies enabled in your web browser (see your browser’s instructions for information on cookies and how to enable them). Your opt out only applies to the web browser you use, so you must opt out of each web browser on each device you use. Once you opt out, if you delete your browser’s saved cookies, you will need to opt out again.
Google Analytics. To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on for Google Analytics which can be found here.
- YOUR RIGHTS AS A RESIDENT OF NEVADA
If you are a consumer in the State of Nevada, you may request to opt-out of the current or future sale of your personal information. We do not currently sell any of your personal information under Nevada law, nor do we plan to do so in the future. However, you can submit a request to opt-out of future sales by contacting us at email@example.com. Please include “Opt-Out Request Under Nevada Law” in the subject line of your message.
We keep your personal information for a limited period of time depending on the purpose for which it was collected. After such period, your personal information will be deleted or otherwise rendered anonymous in an irreversible way. The retention period is different depending on the purpose of the processing. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include (i) to provide you with information related to clinics near you (ii) for as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you (iii) as required by a legal obligation to which we are subject; or (iv) as is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard of applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations). HealingMaps retains the personal information for 3 years from the time it was provided for marketing purposes unless consent is revoked. If consent is revoked, your personal information may not be processed for the aforementioned purposes but may still be kept to manage any objections and/or disputes.
- DO NOT TRACK
We do not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) requests. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform the Website that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser. For further details, click here.
- INFORMATION SECURITY
We implement and maintain reasonable security measures to protect the personal information we collect and maintain from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the personal information we have collected from you.
- CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice is subject to change. Changes to the Privacy Notice will be posted on this page and will indicate the date the changes go into effect. Please check back frequently and review the Privacy Notice for any changes. If we make any changes that materially affect your privacy rights, we will notify you via email or by prominent posting on our Website.
- CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns on this Privacy Notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.