Confluence Psychiatry is a Ketamine Clinic that’s located in Denver, Colorado. Under the guidance of Dr. Charles Shuman, M.D., patients are provided evaluations, treatment methods, and medication-assisted therapy, combined with psychotherapy.
Dr. Shuman is a psychiatrist and medical doctor. He is board-certified in general psychiatry and addiction.
Overall, Dr. Shuman’s practice offers a wide variety of services, mostly related to psychiatric care and addiction. Confluence Psychiatry’s ultimate goal is to return clients to a life of health, productivity, and personal enrichment.
Also Read: Does Ketamine show up on a drug test?
What types of ketamine services does Confluence Psychiatry offer?
Ketamine is administered in the following ways:
- As an injection
- As an intra-nasal spray
What conditions do they treat?
- Treatment-resistant depression
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Neuropathic pain
- Other mood disorders
Also Read: Can Ketamine Be Taken Orally?
- Ketamine vs. Esketamine (Spravato)
- Both Ketamine (non-FDA approved for depression) and Spravato (FDA approved for depression) are available at Confluence Psychiatry. Both are effective for the treatment of depression. Per the clinic, Ketamine is less expensive, however, coverage for Spravato may be available through insurance.
- Paired therapy and medication
- Coupling therapy or a medication regimen with ketamine treatment is not mandatory, but Dr. Shuman can provide therapy and/or a comprehensive medication evaluation to determine the best medications to take during treatment.
- Dr. Shuman also can provide genetic testing to evaluate which psychiatric medications are likely to work for you.
What to Expect at Confluence Psychiatry
- Massage chairs and music are available.
- Most patients remain awake. They typically experience a mild dissociation or inner reflective experience that is generally well-tolerated and often enjoyable. If you end up finding it unpleasant in any way, the team at Confluence can make adjustments to minimize or eliminate any unpleasant sensations.
- You will be monitored by staff during the procedure.
- Your thinking maybe a bit cloudy and your walk a bit unsteady for an hour or so after treatment. You may also find that you will be somewhat tired for several hours.
- You do not need anyone to accompany you. However, Confluence recommends making transportation arrangements to and from the treatment as you should not drive or operate machinery until the day after treatment.
- The treatment including recovery time takes a total of two hours.
Also Read: Psychedelics for Asthma Could be a Game Changer
Discover more Colorado Ketamine Clinics
- Four Corners Ketamine – Durango, Colorado
- Apex Ketamine Therapy – Glenwood Springs, Colorado
- Colorado Springs Ketamine Treatment Center
- Serenity Mental Health – Lakewood, Colorado
- Boulder Ketamine – Boulder, Colorado
- Klarisana – Denver, Colorado
- Boulder Mind Care – Boulder, Colorado
- Hilary Morris LPC – Englewood, Colorado (Denver South)
- High Country Infusion and Wellness – Frisco, Colorado
- Wholeness Center – Fort Collins, Colorado
- Center for Medicinal Mindfulness – Boulder, Colorado
- Neuro-Luminance Brain Health Centers – Denver, Colorado
- Ketamine Pain Center – Denver, Colorado
- Balanced Mental Wellness – Englewood, Colorado
- John L. Fleming – Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Hilary Morris LPC – Lakewood, Colorado (Belmar)